Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shorewood, WI

Shorewood has been my favorite race at Superweek the last two years I have done it, and this year in no exception because…..drum roll…..Jenette came 2nd!! Yah!

The day was nice and cool, although a little windy, and the race had a whole heap of mid race money primes which ensured it was active and positive racing as everyone sought out a few bob.
The plan was that I would try and go for a few mid race primes, cover any break away attempts and try and instigate some breaks. Well, I was getting absolutely smoked in the mid race primes (apparently the smell of money makes people super fast!) so focused on trying to attack at opportune moments and follow any threatening looking breakaway attempts.
The race ended in a bunch sprint with Jenette needing 5 more meters to take the win - she was flying up there that fast! It was an outstanding performance after a long break off racing and while still struggling with major injuries.

We hung out at and cheered for fellow Kiwi Heath at the race afterwards and enjoyed the fantastic atmosphere with live music, bbq’s and hundreds of cheering fans!

Rest day tommorrow.......well earnt. My legs are smashed and I felt like I was pulling a truck and trailer unit behind me by the end of the race today!

Ciao
DT

No comments:

Post a Comment